Are you just a normal fan of something? Are you tired of all the wank? Do you just want to find a place to find other, like minded folks to discuss your passion without having people squeeing about how gay the heterosexual characters are, or have intelligent discussions amidst sane and rational individuals?
Then this is the place for you.
We're the normal people who just like stuff. We're not the nutty fans you see out there in line for Star Wars for months on end, in the wrong line. Well, some of us may be. We're the people who just want good discussion, and want to distance ourselves from the crazier side of fandoms.
1. "Repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax."
2. No arguing. Debating is fine. I love good, reasoned discourse. No personal attacks on other posters, creators, or others.
3. Post your thoughts on whatever you want. TV shows, movies, comics, music, books... It's all welcome here, as long as its civil.
4. There will undoubtedly eventually be posts along the lines of, "I just saw such and such fans bitching about..." I don't mind these sorts of posts as a springboard for discussions. And while I understand there are certain things that will just make a person roll their eyes and that will likely come too. But keep the mocking to a minimum. Some chuckles and ability to laugh at ourselves as fans, as a whole, is always good.
5. Don't assume. We all know the saying, but just to be sure; When you assume, you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'.
6. Remember the words of Harlan Ellison. "We are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing."
There's a lot of words from Harlan I could share, but you get the idea.